The city of Toronto has many vibrant and desirable neighbourhoods to live in. Some of the hottest neighbourhoods in downtown Toronto currently are… (Just to name a few!)
- Leslieville is a hip neighbourhood that is popular with young professionals and families looking to escape the concrete jungle of the downtown core. It has a small-town feel with local shops and restaurants, green spaces and just a few blocks from the beaches boardwalk.
Local Tip : Check out Pasaj for a lovely Turkish brunch!
- This neighbourhood is a trendy and upscale area that is known for its nightlife, restaurants, and entertainment. Home to many of the city’s nightclubs, theaters and home to the Toronto International Film Festival.
Local Tip : Dine at Minami for delicious upscale Japanese before catching a musical at The Royal Alexandra Theatre!
- The Annex is a historic neighbourhood with a mix of stunning Victorian and modern homes. Located between Casa Loma and the University of Toronto, the Annex has a vibrant arts and culture scene.
- Queen West is a diverse and eclectic neighbourhood that is known for its street art, music scene, and unique shops and boutiques.
Local Tip: Walk down graffiti alley!
- Trinity-Bellwoods is a popular neighbourhood that is known for its park, which features a community garden, playgrounds, and sports fields. During the summer months, the park is filled with locals having picnics and playing games. It is also home to many trendy cafes and restaurants.
Local Tip : Stop by Trinity Bellwoods Brewery for a pint before you head to Trinity Bellwoods park!
- Yorkville is a luxurious neighbourhood that is known for its high-end shops, galleries, and elegant restaurants. It is a popular spot for celebrities spotting!
Local Tip: Take a break from shopping and have a cocktail on the patio at Sassafraz!
- The Distillery District is a historic area that has been transformed into a pedestrian-only village with shops, galleries, and restaurants. It is a popular tourist destination and a great place to live for those who love the arts. Also home to the Toronto Christmas Market over the holidays.
Local Tip: Grab a coffee at Balzacs and explore the Artscape studios!
These Toronto neighbourhoods offer a range of amenities, from trendy restaurants and shops to parks and green spaces, making them some of the most desirable places to live in downtown Toronto!
New to the city and want to know what neighbourhood fits your lifestyle the best?
Get in touch and let’s explore!
Want More Insights From TRG Experts?
Sign up here to receive Insights Magazine delivered to you. This resource is full of market advice and industry intuition from our team and colleagues to keep you up-to-speed on the ever-changing Toronto real estate market.